Hershel House and blacksmithing

After all the spams on the newsgroup I just thought someone should say something in "blacksmith"!

At the Badger Blacksmiths meeting last Thursday, they showed the second in a series of 3 tapes the Hershel House has on blacksmithing. He is a very good blacksmith in addition to being a gunsmith and engraver. He also is quite a character. If you ever get a chance to see his tapes or to take a class from him, don't pass it up! (The Badger Blacksmiths is a 2 year old organization formed in the northwest central part of Wisconsin).

For what it's worth, we often have people asking questions about where to get steel, etc.. Well, this meeting was held in the heated warehouse building of an area steel yard, SteelTown. We tend to hold our January meeting there because its the coldest month of the year. Many people, me included, bring our steel orders with us and the owner sells to us for a discount on that night. Like most steel yards, there is a deep discount area for drops of many interesting shapes. So, if you are looking for a place to get your stock, join your local club. I'm sure many of them do similar things.

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
Pete & sheri

"Pete Now you tell us about steel drops after the meeting, afraid we would of put in an order for a ton or two. Roger Degner

Reply to
781

This from a guy who has so much steel already that his half of the state of Minnesota is sliding south?

Pete

781 wrote:

Reply to
Pete & sheri