Blacksmithing conferences and Blacksmithing

I felt compelled to say something in "Blacksmithing", just to make sure that's still the focus of this NG. Please go to rec.politics or somewhere or alt.crafts.bitch for these off topic things.

This is the time of year that blacksmithing/metalsmithing conferences get started all over the country, the continent and the world. ' Personally, we are going to the Conference of the Northern Minnesota Metalsmiths at Itasca State Park Steam Show grounds the last full weekend of April, coming back on that Sunday to check the house and then taking off for the big BAM conference in Sedalia, Missouri, the first weekend in May.

This BAM conference is going to be a great one. You could consider it as an ABANA conference for a LOT less money. We will see friends there that we haven't seen for several years, I hope.

When we get back from Sedalia, we unpack and prepare for the Badger Blacksmiths conference just south of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, the middle of May.

Then, the last week of May I will attend another Tom Latane' workshop to make a lock for the 16th century chest from last year (which, by the way, is coming along well, but isn't quite done yet). See

for the last (Feb, 3008) update.

----Then it's "take a breather" while my wife gets 2 new knees and start our summer demonstration program towards the end of July. I demonstrate blacksmithing and my wife spins. We dress in 1870's costume for all these events. My wife often draws a bigger crowd than I do, but I tell her she cheats, because she often brings a big basket of baby bunnies!

This year: Little Log House, Hastings, MN Almalund MN Threshing show Nowthen Threshing Show, Nowthen, MN MN State Fair, if they'll have me again Laura Ingals Wilder days, Pepin MN

----And a few other special events.

Go to the website of the clubs for those conference details. If you can't find what you need, email on or off list for details.

Blacksmith, Blacksmith, Blacksmith, Pete Stanaitis

--------------------------------

Reply to
spaco

Baby Bunnies!!!!

Who can compete with that?

:-)

Have a great summer! Hope the Knees go well!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Reply to