Japanese swordsmithing course/demo, end of June in Ontario

FYI, if you hadn't heard, there's a week-long demonstration course on Japanese sword-smithing coming up near Kitchener, Ontario at the end of
June. A licensed Japanese swordsmith (Fusataro, who studied under Fujiwara Kanefusa 24 and 25) will be forging a blade, and answering questions (via a translator).
For CAN$529, I signed up immediately, and I'm told that there are a few spots left.
Go to http://www.uoguelph.ca/~iaido/gsjsa_smithing.htm for more info.
Hope to see you there!
Patrick

So just who is it that Licenses a sword smith??? jk
jk wrote:

Japan.
They're very culture-conscious over there, and they actually do offer licenses to swordmakers there. Something about making sure that a blade made in Japan is a bit better than the crap that comes out of India or Pakistan.
jk wrote:

The Japanese government -- which also places restrictions on the number (and types) of blades they can make per year.
Effingham
--

Anthony J. Bryant
Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com