Barrie Ontario Show

Anyone going to the Barrie, Ontario show on Feb 14-15?

I just joined a new club at the begining of the year and found out we will be going. This will be my first train show since 1975. Has it been that long since I have been out of the hobby?

Reply to
wannandcan

I've never been. I was thinking of going, but it's a long drive from Hamilton so I'd like to hear from someone that it's a decent show.

Marc

Reply to
M G

=>I've never been. I was thinking of going, but it's a long drive from =>Hamilton so I'd like to hear from someone that it's a decent show. =>

=>Marc

2 hours is a long drive??????

I was there about 20 years ago, was pretty good then. If it's lasted this long, they must be doing something right.

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Wolf, it is all a matter of perspective.

I live in Huntsville, Ontario. We are just over 2 hours from Toronto. I go down there for business every now and then and NOW do not think 2 hours is long. When I lived in Toronto, I thought I lived at the center of the universe, and two hours was a long way. I thought that there was nothing 2 hours north of Toronto. That is until I got here, found a better way of live and stayed. The first thing you notice is that you can breathe....

Hamilton on the other hand is just down the lake from Toronto, anyone coming from Hamilton to Barrie has to be careful, they could overdose on oxygen being that far away from the steel mills. I noticed whenever I went through Hamilton that the clouds seemed to be yellow...(still wondering about that)???

Reply to
wannandcan

It's the basic hydrologic cycle: where did you think that yellow snow went when it evaporated?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Steel milss won't be there much longer. BANKRUPTCY

Reply to
Venom8