Re: West Springfield Show

Jim,

The dates are Feb 7th & 8th.... see you there.

Art Fahie

It's still a few weeks away, but I was curious as to how many folks on r.m.r > were planning on going to the show. If you need more info on the show, check > out
> Jim > (who won't be giving away brass engines or buildings and who didn't post the > date since I got it wrong once before when I tried this : )
Reply to
Art Fahie

I'll be there along with 7 others from our mrr area. Hopefully Mother Nature will comply with nice weather. Any free gifts this year ? -------------------- Ken McCorry

Reply to
KEMACPRR

Heh. At least you mentioned that City Classics would be there. Last year, I forgot to mention it, or something like that. Well, I'll be there with the South Shore Model Railway Club next to Microscale (with the infamous John "Sheriff" Sheridan of r.m.r fame), Overland and Tucker's Hobbies, as usual. Are you giving away any freebies this year at all? Maybe just HO-scale advertisements for a brass engine? LOL To those that don't know, the West Springfield Show at the Big E is one of the largest train shows in the country. A recent poll of hobby manufacturers in "Model Retailer" magazine listed the Springfield show as #1 in importance over the NMRA national show and the Chicago show. While good deals can be had if you look, the best part of the show is the variety of the exhibitors. If it's not at Springfield, it usually can't be found. Also, another great part of the show is all the manufacturers that show up:

City Classics (see, I got it this time) Atlas Athearn Walthers Jay-Bee Microscale Digitrax Lenz Intermountain Branchline Overland MTS NERS Bachmann Miniatronics Kalmbach Etc.

Throw in all the dealers, historical societies, tourist railroads, and real railroads that show up, and it's a heckuva show. It usually pulls in about 20,000 people over the weekend...

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

I'll be there representing New Hampshire!

Ian

Reply to
Ian MacMillan

Karls Kabuse will be there with Brass for all, including some in O,N,HOn3 & mostly HO. will include a recent addition of over 121 pieces of rolling stock from a non-display collection. See you there. Young building/pole 96. karl

Reply to
KYager1126

I can give you a cold. How about bad advice? But, no, nothing else. Sorry.

Although, I plan to have some neat new items for sale made especially for this show. Is that enough to get folks to stop and say hello?

Jim S.

Reply to
Ctyclsscs

I'll be travelling from Ohio with my module to join with Hub Division/NMRA Module Group. Come and see us in the Better Living Building.

Larry Madson Division 4, MCR/NMRA

Reply to
larry madson

It will be our first time attending. We're looking forward to it.

Might anyone know what 'manufacturers/booths' may have [HO Scale], army green, "Milk Cars" for sale. The ones with gold or white lettering. I have yet to find any of these cars at local train stores or train shows within our reach by car. I always see one or two at train clubs. They're brass versions, and they're very impressive models. The doors typically open with spring tension. I would like to buy just one for our office.

Thank You, Matt

Reply to
Matt Brennan

Thanks, but I've already had a cold this year. And bad advice? I probably wouldn't notice. But a new item for sale? Now you're talking. Is it more trailer trash? Just so long as you don't put a "2004 West Springfield" show logo on a building and try to to sell it (you know, like Roundhouse does on a boxcar every year). ^_^

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

The Val Ease Central RR (Z scale, NMRA Best of Show winner) will be there on behalf of the Canadian Railway Historical Association and Exporail, the Canadian Railroad Museum. Looking forward to a great show. The last one my wife and I attended was two years ago. We were very impressed with the crowds, the number of exhibitors and the quality of the organization.

Hope to see you there.

Reply to
Z_Scale SIG Coordinator