Flex Trak end ties

How do you deal with end ties on Flextrak after you cut it? I though I saw in an old Walthers catalog a product that resembled end ties like on sectional track that you slip on the end of Flextrak. Was I mistaken or does such a product exist?

Reply to
A. Paul

I don't know about the product you describe but I keep the pieces of tie strip when I cut flextrack and use it to fill in - there always seem to be spaces needing ties. I file or clip off the inside spikes and just slip the ties under the rail.

Reply to
KTØT

When laying flex track, I always save the ties from discarded short pieces. You can either slip those onto flex track end sections where you need them, or just separate a few, shave off the clips which are supposed to hold rails, and then slide them under installed flex track; or shave off the whole "spike" molded part to slip under joiners (which are too wide for the "spike" simulation.

Ed.

in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, A. Paul at snipped-for-privacy@ipa.net wrote on 1/12/04 6:19 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

Makes for good gondola loads.

Reply to
Corelane

You need to cut off several to make the connection. Save them. When all track is laid trim the rail retaining nubs off and slide ties back under track. Glue and/or ballast will hold them in place. Use spares for trackside debris.

Reply to
Dave in GA