Lawrence does not know vermont

rutland is real close to southern vermont. sorry if our jokes offended you.

Reply to
JULES GRIFFING

I went to Rutland in January. Not offended, just not fond of wasting large parts of the day on the road; takes an hour and a quarter or so to get up there. I have an anvil, which is somewhat smaller than that, and a post vise which was a really good deal at a local garage sale, so I'm not too hard up for equipment. It frankly sounds a wee bit in the "needs work" category for $500 for the lot, sight unseen, or for betting

2-1/2 hours on a road trip to see if you were describing it pessimistically, so I'll pass, for now.
Reply to
Ecnerwal

Northern Vermont is not that far from Southern Vermont when it all comes out.

I drove from Montreal to Bethel and back in a day, had time to tourist around a bit, ate a nice meal and still got home in daylight. Beautiful area.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones