Lawrence does not know vermont

rutland is real close to southern vermont. sorry if our jokes offended you.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (JULES GRIFFING) wrote:

I went to Rutland in January. Not offended, just not fond of wasting large parts of the day on the road; takes an hour and a quarter or so to get up there. I have an anvil, which is somewhat smaller than that, and a post vise which was a really good deal at a local garage sale, so I'm not too hard up for equipment. It frankly sounds a wee bit in the "needs work" category for $500 for the lot, sight unseen, or for betting 2-1/2 hours on a road trip to see if you were describing it pessimistically, so I'll pass, for now.

JULES GRIFFING wrote:

Northern Vermont is not that far from Southern Vermont when it all comes out.
I drove from Montreal to Bethel and back in a day, had time to tourist around a bit, ate a nice meal and still got home in daylight. Beautiful area.
Cheers Trevor Jones