Mount for an anvil?

Is anyone here familiar with a method of pouring a mount for an anvil that has been successful? I'm trying to come up with a heavy mount
which could be moved when necessary and thought: If there were a type of concrete or a technique to strengthen it which might keep it from cracking apart I'll have to try it. I have almost zero experience with cement related matters but do have access to a small mixer, welder, etc. Thanks much for any help.
Dennis is nca p.s. My anvil is 150#.
dgrup wrote:

I've seen guys make big sheet metal boxes which they filled with sand and then put a piece of plywood on, and put the anvil on that. I used an old walnut stump and fabricated brackets which fit the sides of the feet closely for mine. It's solid and portable. To move it around the shop, I just scoot it. To move across town or something, I'd just lift off the anvil and move it separately from the base. See:
http://tinyisland.com/images/anvilstand.jpg
http://tinyisland.com/images/anviliron.jpg
GWE
Nice looking mount there. I especially like the fasteners for the anvil. I was thinking cement because I'll be using a bending fork in my anvil to do some architectural work and without a solid stand I'm afraid the anvil and stand will just twist out of position unless it's very heavy. Your idea of using sand appeals to me a lot especially because of it's great portability. I think I may scrap the cement idea until I determine I'll not be moving that particular anvil from it's permanent position. Thanks for the help.
Dennis in nca
dgrup wrote:

Another cool thing about sand-in-a-box is if you want the anvil a little lower or higher you can remove or add sand, also the sand is effective at not transmitting sound to the floor.
Whatever you do, I suggest putting a piece of sheet lead under your anvil to deaden the ring. My Vaughan Brooks rang like a gong until I did that. Now it's more like a nice click. Much easier on the ears. I buy sheet lead at a good local hardware store (not a big box store).
GWE
Tree stumps are very good as they offer some cushioning. Hank

I like Grants stand, but since you are using forks why not just the same principle only out of steel? Mount your anvil on a piece of 5/16 plate welded to a 3 or 4" piece of pipe and bolt the stand to the floor...use the same type of mounts as Grant made and then put long U-bolts around the foot of the anvil to firmly attach it to the base. If you do that then you can still easily remove the anvil if you have need to. By the way the old blacksmiths trick of a piece of chain wrapped round the anvil base works pretty well for a "loud" anvil. Good luck!