newest knife completed

I finished another knife and have pic up. tell me what y'all think.

ron
Reply to
r payne
Aw this means I've got to pull my finger out and finish my site :-( Charles
r payne wrote:
Reply to
Chilla
Cool. :) Black walnut handles.
Did you forge it?
Is that one for you (since you have your initials on it)?
How does it sharpen... can you get the edge really smooth?
Alvin in AZ
Reply to
alvinj
Of course I forged it.
I have been playing with a form of acid etch. I used beeswax/sno-seal as a resist, vinager as the acid and a 9 volt battery to speed the process. I'm working on some form of mark for my knives. Initally i tried just beeswax as the resist but found it sets up to hard to write letters a size that won't be all out of proportion. Still looking for the perfect mix, but somewhat more sno-seal than beeswax allows for writting without pulling everything apart.
It sharpens beautifully.
ron
Reply to
r payne
"r payne" wrote
Try cutting it with turps- in the alternative, use regular intaglio etching resist- it's asphaltum, and will take really good detail. Try that yellow etching mordant from Radio Shack- real cheap, very forgiving and easily neutralized and 'stopped'.
Reply to
Chas