OH, Boy, I made the first post here for the new year!!! Chop saw basics

There's more to running a metal cutting (abrasive wheel) chop saw than just pulling the switch, as most of you know. Just in case there's somebody out there who is thinking about getting
one or who has had bad results with one and doesn't know why, it may be worthwhile to look here:
http://www.spaco.org/MachineShop/ChopSawBasics.html
I wrote this article 20 some years ago, but I just put it on my website today. Comments on or off list are welcome.
Pete Stanaitis -------------------------
Congratulations Pete -
Nice to have that in the tool box now. Martin
spaco wrote:

one or two more chop saw tips...to get the thing cutting again once the wheel has bogged down or glazed over, while the saw is running, hit the cutting edge with a scrap piece of steel (lightly) and that slight dent will cause the glaze to be removed once you start to cut again. if you have ever used a friction saw when the sun light is shining in your cutting area you will get a clue just how much dust you create. it might be a good idea to wear a dust mask. have fun, mark
Still doesn't work :-(
Happy new year anyway.
Charles
spaco wrote:

Sorry Charles. I talked with the Brad again last week. He said "thanks" for reminding him. He said he'd bug them again about his trouble ticket.
December visits to www.spaco.org from Australia: Nerang 3 (the number of visits has not changed over the last 6 months) Adelaide 2 Sydney 2 Melbourne 1 Perth 1
Pete Stanaitis ------------------------
Chilla wrote:

Hey Pete,
Can you get a list of business that use your service provider?
Basically we can inform them that they're losing potential customers from "a whole first world country".
Economically we're doing really well as far as the recession goes, so we've got money to spend ;-)
Regards Charles
spaco wrote:

I used this idea in my latest email to Brad.