Anyone heard of a Yamazan Lancer Lathe?

Buddy of mine called me the other day and told me to come over and pick up a lathe he was tired of storeing.

Its a Yamazan Lancer, 12x42

A buddy of his had stripped the lathe, took it completely apart, had the ways completely reground and then died.

So now I have a lathe thats entirely..entirely in pieces. And no manual

Everything on it looks brand fuking new. Needs to be painted and reassembled. Japanese made,..it lookes like its going to be a georgious lathe after I paint everything and reassemble it. Ill need the lead screw..shrug..no biggy. Half nuts are brand new too. Belts are gone as well, variable speed drive..Reeves type. Shrug

But a manual would be really really really nice.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Service

800-882-8558 snipped-for-privacy@yamazen.com
Reply to
Karl Townsend

Photos I just ran out and took.

Ill call them in a bit

Thanks!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Jees Gunner, that looks like the definition of a basket case. I know you got more time than money but your chances of putting this together in a reasonable time period and not have serious $ involved with missing parts is about zip.

Spend your time doing it Iggy's way. Find stuff that only needs minor repair and flip it for double your money. In your case, I'd include Gunner's delivery and setup service.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Reassembly is likely to become cost prohibitive even at $5/hr rates.

I would try to ID the lathe a little better, maybe you can identify it and then you can sell parts of it.

Ignoramus11641

Chuckle....I wasnt kidding when I said the guy took it apart, was I?

The guy who owned it...was a very good friend of mine and my buddy, who was his partner for many years. Getting it is something of a special gift. Mike was a cranky old bastard..but could survive on in the middle of an acre of parking lot and the next time you saw him..he would be renting shop space to others.

So its something of a special case, and I wont be selling the lathe..perhaps my survivors will..but then all three of the Gang will be dead and it wont mean anything anymore. I was the Kid..the junior member of a very exclusive club.

Given that its been ground, cleaned etc etc...its now a Thing to Do...

And Id kinda like to complete it as he started to do, before he passed.

Shrug...sentimental thing.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Well there's one blessing for you being unemployed. At least you have the time. Here's hoping not too much is MIA.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Good attitude, Gunner! :)