Anyone got a Crozier Speed lathe manual?

Ive been working on the various bits and pieces Ive got stuck here and there..and its now time to fix up the old Crozier speed lathe Ive got.

Its the one with the spindle hole straight through the motor, 2 speed

Anyone got a download of the manual for it that I could get?

I thought the motor was bad..but after removing the bits on both ends..it spins freely...so I need to figure out what the last owner did wrong.

Thanks!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

From their website

Reply to
prothlauf

Hey Gunner! While I did look at the pictures (web link by next poster) I still don't quite know what a "speed lathe" is.

What's the highest and best use for this tool? Trying to learn. Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

When Crozier Machine built its first Speed Lathe, the phrase had not yet been coined. Crozier called its machine the SPEEDY Polishing Lathe. It remained that way for 5 years until the Speed Lathe label was first used. It was a very speedy machine to use and very easy to operate.s

The Crozier Speed Lathe is used in a variety of industries for many second operations. You can deburr, grind, sand, polish, turn, lap and assemble. Anything that can be held in a collet, can be worked on. Many people have used the Speed Lathe as a building block to build custom machines for their applications.

/
Reply to
tnik

Think of it as a portable deburring and polishing station.

The 2ABPL is what I have. First picture on the above page.

It has a 5C collet closer built in and one can stick parts through the motor and clamp it, and then spin it at 2 different speeds, so one can deburr, polish, etc etc. Ive also seen them used as live tooling on milling machines, etc etc. Pretty big handful. They weigh about 50-65 lbs though.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch