Adjusted filter

Thanks to adding "newsgroups" to the Thunderbird filter (with customize), this newsgroup sure got a lot better S/N ratio. But I had to add "talk" to "alt" and "misc".

Reply to
Louis Ohland

How did you finally get things to work, Louis?

Pete

Louis Ohland wrote:

Reply to
Pete Snell

Follow this thread: >

< In short, with Thunderbird, Tools > Message Filters > Edit > Filter Rules > Add item (use "+" after last filtered item in list), Choose the filtered item (eg. Subject, From, Body...) scroll down to Customize, click on it.

Customize Headers pops up. Type "Newsgroups" in the textbox. Hit OK. Exit Customize Headers, back to Filter Rules. For the new entry, add a filtered item, select Newsgroups from list, enter part or all of group (misc or misc.survivalism, for example). Hit OK. You might have to dump out of Tbird for the new filter to work.

Now if only folks would stop answering cross-posts in this groups, you wouldn't see any of it. But it IS more focused on metalworking.

My filtered terms under Newsgroups: alt, misc, and talk.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Same here. That feature used to not exist, glad it's fixed.

Who was that Cliff character anyway? I vaguely remember.....

Reply to
RBnDFW

I believe he is a creature of back scatter, sometimes seen in fragments of replied messages and the likely cause of threads that start with Re:

Wes

Reply to
Wes