Filter crossposts under Thunderbird

Many apologies, but my Vaio laptop video died, and I had to get a new system. Searching did not come up with a working method...

How do you add the newsgroups to a filter? I added newsgroups with customize, but running the filter on the NG does not reduce the number of posts. I do not care for stuff on various social or racial groups, or conspiracies, etc.

Help!

Reply to
Louis Ohland

You can't "delete" the newsgroup posts. All you can do is mark them as already read.

Reply to
Delvin Benet

Kill threads with "K"

Reply to
Richard

NEWSGROUPS - CONTAINS - (name of NG you wish to filter on)

Perform these actions:

DELETE

This works for me. Of course, this does not actually delete these posts from the net, it just prevents them from displaying. I have one filter set up for cross posts, and two twit filters. I routinely see 4-500 new messages when I start downloading headers, but usually end up with anywhere from 25-100 posts.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Do you filter on specific group names, or any cross posting? If on any cross posting, how do you do it?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Here is a link to an earlier post I made here explaining it:

MikeB

Reply to
BQ340

I believe if you want to block all xposting, just put in a comma in the contains line. I just set it up, soon find out if it works.

Reply to
tnik

Good idea! I love it. Even if it doesn't work .

Please let us know.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Yo

Have you plugged the vaio laptop into a video monitor ? - e.g. maybe the LCD died or the LCD driver - but the video output on the back is a different chip or part of the same.

Might be able to pick up a nice one for a bill or two - maybe less if you don't dig into the wide Hi-def versions.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Select the newsgroup to read - start reading one and then go to tools/filters - and the news group will be there. If you select a user first - it will be a news group filter for that name.

Mart> Many apologies, but my Vaio laptop video died, and I had to get a new

Reply to
Martin Eastburn