Thunderbird question

I got Thunderbird on this new computer. Can I create a filter to kill crossposters, and if so, how would I do that?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Yes:

Newsgroups contain ,

MikeB

Reply to
BQ340

Slightly more specific, filtering ".politics" kills quite a lot of crap then just add specific cases like "jonbanquer" and others as required. Won't be long before the group gets back to a largely metalworking subject.

Reply to
David Billington

It's not going to work, because even most of the people who do post metalworking content post political stuff more than half the time.

Reply to
Delvin Benet

Not in the same thread though.

Reply to
Richard

If people would just stop quoting the spammers, trolls, and crossposters, things would settle down quite a bit. I have "several" filters and only 8 messages (out of 100) got through yesterday eve. Filters are heaven.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The ignore feature works too, but that requires actual thought.

Reply to
SteveB

Would that be using the dropdown "from" or "subject?" And does it make a difference of ',' or "," ? Have set them both, now will watch how it does.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB