P-43 Lancer

I was watching the movie Air Force on TCM (a good film) and saw some airplanes that looked like P-47's but turned out to be P-43 Lancer's. I don't recall a model kit ever being made of this airplane?

Robert

Reply to
R D

R D wrote:> I was watching the movie Air Force on TCM (a good film) and saw some

There was one, sorta. Beechnut Models released one about twenty years ago. It consisted mostly of two fuselage halves and the flying surfaces. There may have been a few more small pieces but I'd have to go downstairs and look.

For a Beechnut kit it wasn't too bad. Heck, if I can get it as far as I have it must be buildable. Beechnut also did the P-51H if you like the odd ones.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (R D) wrote in news:1451-4B8DDCBB-4835@storefull-

3173.bay.webtv.net:

1/72 Pavla and Rareplane and quite possibly MAI, which I may even have in the stash. 1/48 Classic Airframes.
Reply to
Gray Ghost