bar feeds and non round bars

recently added a new cnc lathe for handling non round bar stocks, new m/c has fanuc controller with lns barfeed and S65 collets, old machine has 16c collets with lead in chamfer and no problems loading, new collets are 90 deg. backend so we chamfer the barstock well, barfeed makes 5 attempts and stops because collet and bar dont line up. Is there anyway you can add a spindle jog increment( M 1000-1260) in the beginning of the program so that each attempt the barfeed makes, spindle will jog 5 or so degrees?

Reply to
just Ed

My Tornos uses a macro that can stop & start, or vary the rpm in 2 second intervals, when using an auto-loader.

Is it possible to at least start your spindle at about 5-10 rpm during the loading process?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Stawicki