couple
And unlike the vendors who sell complete manuals, the ones on bbssystems are mere excerpts, sometimes of only a single page. They're NOT manuals, they're copies of pieces of manuals.
LLoyd
On 2009-01-22, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

Try my Bridgeport page
http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Bridgeport/
in

Did, Iggy. Sorry to say, they're the same incomplete scans as on bbssytems.com... exactly the same ones, with the same scanner's comments.
LLoyd
On 2009-01-22, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

    Actually -- the one from:
        http://www.bbssystem.com/manuals/bridgeport-manual.pdf
is a full 123 page manual.
        http://www.bbssystem.com/manuals/1966Bridgeportmanual.pdf
is just the front cover -- for the same manual I think, but in color.
and:         http://www.bbssystem.com/manuals/jhead_huge.pdf
Is a very nice high-resolution scan of the step-pulley J-head drawings alone, which I think were normally fold-out drawings in the original manuals.
    So -- they are worth while downloading.
    Here are the relative sizes:
=====================================================================-rw-r--r-- 1 dnichols family 3.0M Apr 11 2005 1966Bridgeportmanual.pdf -rw-r--r-- 1 dnichols family 8.2M Apr 11 2005 bridgeport-manual.pdf -rw-r--r-- 1 dnichols family 1009K Apr 11 2005 jhead_huge.pdf ====================================================================    If any -- skip the 1966Bridgeportmanual.pdf -- unless you want a nice colored front cover. :-)
    Looks like the same files are on Iggy's site, just different names.
    Enjoy,         DoN.

Maybe Lloyd was referring to BOSS manuals.
The manual mill manuals appear to be complete, as you say. I even printed one.
I would like as many people to download and put on their websites, as possible, so that this stuff would not be lost.
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:19:28 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

My reference was to a recent alt.machines.cnc spamer offering FREE Machinery Manuals where the Manuals are NOT Free.

Your statement is incorrect, you may wish to go back and take another look.

Links were given to help others that may want or need the FREE INFORMATION. Feel free to skip over it if it isn't for you.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com fired this volley in

another
None of the manuals listing schematics in their indices actually have them in the scans. That constitutes "incomplete" in my book. I'm not a good enough trouble-shooter to work a complex system without schematics.
I'm more concerned with the BOSS machine books, which are only SHORT excerpts, but only a couple of the purely-mechanical ones are totally complete. The J-head manual is one of them, and I preserved it, even though my old mill has an "M" head.
LLoyd
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 06:41:55 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

AGAIN you are wrong! Geeze...........GO BACK AND ACTUALLY LOOK!

First I give you free information now I have to spoon feed it to you as well.
Here is the VERY FIRST link I posted:
http://www.bbssystem.com/manuals/bridgeport-manual.pdf
Look at the last few pages IN THIS MANUAL.
What do you see? (Hint: Wire Schematics) Drawing Number WD/153D Drawing Number WD/156B
Think the WD might stand for something?
Here is help site more your speed http://tinyurl.com/bvvkfc
Tom

Think of the Etrade baby.....
--

Mr. PV'd

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com fired this volley in

Ok... back at ya'. GO BACK AND ACTUALLY LOOK at
the R2E4 manual, breaks off right in the middle the BRJ manual, index lists to sec 7.4, manual stops at 6.4 the M105 manual seems to be complete
I guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad.
Spoon feed? Have you ever had a baby rip the spoon out of your fist and cram it in your ear, bowl first? Feed yourself.
LLoyd

WD might stand for "What are you Drinking".
There are PIECES of two of the four schematics. Those are C or D sized prints, and there's only 1 A sized sheet for only 2 of the 4.
You're either looking at a different site than you originally posted, or you're smoking hash while you browse.
LLoyd
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:02:40 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

You did say there were NONE, seems you have changed your position.
How will a wire schematic help the OP with a mechanical issue?
If he needs to relay information to his friend there are some helpful pages in the manual provided for FREE!
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com fired this volley in

I found no _complete_ schematics, only an A-sized piece of any that were included. That's as useless as having not included it at all.
Because you don't know the difference between a wiring diagram and a schematic, and cannot read a schematic, you were unable to determine what was missing and what was not.
Even the wiring diagrams are incomplete in most instances. Included, but truncated. Apparently, you can't read those, either.
I never said schematics would help with mechanical issues. You drew that conclusion yourself. I suggested only mechanical solutions, none of which required a manual. YOU suggested that no manual should EVER be required for ANY repair on a Bridgeport. That's as stupid as the rest of your mindless drivvel.
LLoyd
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:10:56 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

So in short you being wrong now means you were right.

You were the one going on and on about wire schematics where the OP is clearly about a mechanical issue.

Again you are wrong, that was someone else's post not mine. I NEVER said or implied any such thing.
So how you planning on twisting this one so your being wrong will become your being right?
You related to Cliff?

You have our positions reversed. You are the one going on about missing schematics where the OP is clearly mechanical. I provided links to FREE resources that clearly address the OP issue yet you continue to bitch, whine and moan about wire schematics.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com fired this volley in

Wasn't wrong. Parts of schematics aren't "schematics".

is
Nope... I offered a couple of mechanical solutions. YOU went on and on about what I responded to Iggy's offer about the manuals. My comment had nothing to do about the problem, only the manuals themselves.
You never paid any attention to what anyone said, and never had the skill to realize you were wrong. Ignorance is fixable, your stupidity can't be cured, son.
LLoyd

Proctologically Violated wrote:

Find a munged up collet. Turn a shallow taper with the opening just larger than the hole left behind in the original bad collet. Put it in the spindle without a tool in it. press down on the drawbar, whilst pushing the collet up. If you cut the taper right it will cinch on the nut/insert, and you can spin it out. Or use a hex/square collet, with a semi-matching piece of material, and clamp it in a vise for more collet anti-rotation.
send me $100, and keep the taper collet around for more cheap r8 collets. Whatever you do don't throw away those cheap collets, you will need to justify the time spent making the repair tool, so you can use it again, and again, and impress yourself.
ca
Didn't see this suggestion.
Get a large left hand drill bit. While holding the top nut from turning, stick drill up quill and go. The drill will catch and turn it right out of there.
Karl

Not if the drawbar threads already extend past the broken piece.
Otherwise, yep.
LLoyd