CNC For Woodcarving

First, I am not a CNC guy, I am just trying to get some basic idea for a potential project.

How much would a CNC cost for making complex designs on doors? How fast would such a machine take to do one door? I realize that it would depend on the design, but a ball park figure would help.

Cheers!

Reply to
Jack Rabbit

20 to 40k.

Depending on machine speed, your design and surface finish requirements can be anything from 1/2 hr to 20 hrs.

Subcontract the work first before buying your own machine, you might decide not to buy one, there might be money for everyone especially if you do not have the experience.

You might lose money by subcontracting but you will get a better picture, maybe decide to quit before buying or understand what you need to make money.

So many things can and will go wrong and you are talking serious investment here.

DanP

Reply to
DanP

Hi Dan, thanks for the really great reply!

Reply to
Jack Rabbit