Depressing

Its probly hit $1.99 or below today, and if so I'll probly fill up the '86 blazer that I drive back and forth to work

--which should last me 16 months or so given my daily commute distance...

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

Don't forget the pint of Stabil to help keep it fresh...

I do 70 miles a day in a 91' Merc Marquis with close to 200K on the odometer and gets 20-24mpg. Despite fresh lube, the rear axle is growling like a mutha f**ka but the car is a beast in the winter. If it holds up until spring, I'll be quite happy. :)

Reply to
Black Dragon

Since you don't like the Pickens Plan (I do) what energy plan do you support?

From what you have posted it doesn't appear you support the concept of an energy plan.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

distance...

Funny you mention that--recently it ran out of gas and on looking around all I had was some chainsaw mix...

--Which is okay if it's sufficiently diluted with fresh gas as soon as possible....long story but the short of it is given 10 or so short trips without adding in some fresh gas and well your definately gonna have several oil fouled plugs.

The 98 silverado 1500 gets fairly poor mileage and so usually it's only used where a truck is absolutely needed.....otherwise we've got a beater red 92 honda civic that gets ~38 mpg....though its in in the garage, clutch went out and replacing the tranny too since the old one sounded like it was full of gravel--been there about 3 months now as I had been battling a bum knee ever since march of this year ( pain killers and heavy drinking only helps so much....finally had arthroscopic knee $urgery last friday--incidentally very happy with the results so far--definately worth it hell I might even try and finish up the Honda this weekend in fact.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

Well, you should know by now I'm an expert.

fyi, white import petroleum jelly at the 99c stores is just as effective as name-brand Vaseline. I use the term "vaseline" generically.

In fact, Prep H is like 99.9% vaseline!! In fact fact, you can make yer own PrepH by mixing a little Cortaid or sumpn with vaseline.

At the rate I use this stuff, you know I have to be cost-conscious.

I keep a 1# jar of vaseline by every phone in the house (about 16), cuz you can get just as PV'd talking over the phone to a lawyer/municipality as you can sitting/bending over in sed predator's office itself.

I recommend keeping 1# jars at work, in your briefcase, in your car, wherever there is the remotest possibility of a massive PV'g.

In fact, I suggest leaving the house already pre-lubed. A turkey baster makes a good applicator.

Hey, Dude, are we bonding here???? wow....

But, I cain't resist......

Might I suggest extra jars of vaseline at your (temporary) place of employ for your unwitting cow-workers. You can charge them by the dollop, altho you might consider, uh, eating the cost, when it's you shoving it in....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Its Bush's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

So you will be supporting a bail out of big oil? ;)

Wes

Reply to
clutch

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Could be. Suggest not press your luck though. ;)

Reply to
Black Dragon

I hope he does because you sure need one.

Reply to
Hawke