Funny Acetylene tank or early senility?

This will sound wierd but I swear my latest refill (exchange) is being used up about 1/3 faster than it should. I checked for leaks, and turn it off when not in use, so I know it's not leaking out .

Is there some sneaky trick they can do to pack it with more.... whatever-it-is so that there's less room for gas?. So a full tank would read full pressure but go down rapidly. I've been using them since 1972 , so that's long enough to know how fast it should be used up,but also long enough for me to ........ um...... could you repeat the question, please ?.

DS

Reply to
D. Shelton

Acetylene tanks are weighed before and after. When I used to purchase acetylene I paid for tank content which varied a few pounds. Are you paying per tank or by contents of tank? The tanks I purchased had a piece of tape on them with the amount of product written on the tape with felt marker. Randy

Is there some sneaky trick they can do to pack it with more.... whatever-it-is so that there's less room for gas?. So a full tank would read full pressure but go down rapidly. I've been using them since 1972 , so that's long enough to know how fast it should be used up,but also long enough for me to ........ um...... could you repeat the question, please ?.

DS

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

per tank, without weighing, on the assumption that I'm being given consistency, until now (^: thanks , ds

The tanks I purchased

Reply to
Sheltech

Stan Schaefer wrote: ( clip) If the tank weighs less than the tare weight that's stamped on the tank somewhere, you should be able to get some kind of adjustment at your gas dealer,(clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Suppose you and the dealer find the tank is below weight. Aside from the fact that he owes you a partial refund, what does he have to do to bring the tank back to spec?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman