DMS Routers

Anybody got one? If so, what can/will you say about it? How are they for service life, support, spare parts, free vacations- does it come with the kitchen sink? Educated opinions sought, let's see what we get.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

The video on that page is really pretty but that part could be run on a

3 axis router. Unless you have a ton or work on contract, you may want to stay 3 axis. There is a money crunch going on, nothing really new for the past 10 years anyway. I know 3 router shops who bought 5 axis machines 3 years ago. They are all shut down now, seems they couldn't secure true multi-axis work. None of the traditional 3 axis router shops I program for have shut down, laid off or anything. Just something to consider.
Reply to
Michael

Hi Mike, We've been hemhawing around with this decision for about five years. We're just now getting to the workload bottleneck that says we can get it and use the 5-axis head effectively AND keep it busy. Our

3-axis machines can make the parts, but a 5-axis head would make certain features happen in about 1/10th the time. We've just been waiting until it would actually get used more than one hour a day. Our CFO doesn't know much about making things in the shop, but she's pretty sharp when it comes to making sure we can pay for the equipment we buy. ;-)

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary