French blueprint reading, need helpp

need a little help here, trying to read the material list on a French dwg.
I got this so far
acier = steel
ac. doux = mild steel
ac. dur = hard steel (a retianing ring in this case)
don't know what:
ac. etire =??? has the lines over the e's (this is a pin with grooves for retaining rings)
amlante or amiante = ???
My copy of the print is a little fuzzy. Any help would be appreicated.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

etire = stretch amiante = asbestos
go to http://world.altavista.com /
it is babel fish, pretty nifty translator
is says amlante is asbestos or gold?

what the hell is stretch steel?
date on prints is 1965 if that gives a clue. pin is 10mm dia x 30mm lg. with two grooves for retaining rings these attach an air cylinder to a clevis.
clevis is listed as "ac.etire" also.

these would appear to be gaskets, so that works.
I only need to make the pins and levers.

Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Randy wrote:

Forged.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Chinese steel ?

No it's not, actually, tir is cold drawn (drawn IS a bit like stretched you know...) or cold rolled.
Amiante is definitely asbestos.
However, "aimant" is a magnet...
--moi
moi wrote:

Yeah. I slapped myself in the head right after sending but someone else had corrected my error.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

could it mean cold drawn or cold rolled?
http://www.wordreference.com/fren/etire Compound Forms/Formes composes tir froid        cold-drawn