French blueprint reading, need helpp

etire = stretch amiante = asbestos

Reply to
mich

need a little help here, trying to read the material list on a French dwg.

I got this so far

acier = steel

ac. doux = mild steel

ac. dur = hard steel (a retianing ring in this case)

don't know what:

ac. etire =??? has the lines over the e's (this is a pin with grooves for retaining rings)

amlante or amiante = ???

My copy of the print is a little fuzzy. Any help would be appreicated.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

go to

it is babel fish, pretty nifty translator

is says amlante is asbestos or gold?

Reply to
Jon

Forged.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

what the hell is stretch steel?

date on prints is 1965 if that gives a clue. pin is 10mm dia x 30mm lg. with two grooves for retaining rings these attach an air cylinder to a clevis.

clevis is listed as "ac.etire" also.

these would appear to be gaskets, so that works.

I only need to make the pins and levers.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

could it mean cold drawn or cold rolled?

Forms/Formes composées étiré à froid cold-drawn

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Chinese steel ?

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

No it's not, actually, étiré is cold drawn (drawn IS a bit like stretched you know...) or cold rolled.

Amiante is definitely asbestos.

However, "aimant" is a magnet...

--moi

Reply to
moi

Yeah. I slapped myself in the head right after sending but someone else had corrected my error.

Reply to
John R. Carroll