Tamiya French Tank - German and French Versions ??

Seems the German one goes for $10 more than the French version. From
what I can tell, all that is different is something on the front of
the tank.
Are the changes really that significant to merit the extra $$$$ or is
just more because it is a "German" tank ???
Craig
Reply to
crw59
in a review i read, theres the extra parts and decals (not sure about figures) i know you can still make the German version. i didnt know about the price differance, cos its not my cup of tea.
Reply to
Jules
On Dec 7, 9:23=EF=BF=BDpm, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote= :
Ah, Barnum's dictum is still in use, I see...
Seems many times if you simply slap crosses and add a small sprue of parts in a kit you can jack up the price in the hopes that the "Faithful" will pay it without asking too many pesky questions like "why" or "what for".
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
I think I will buy the French version, use some old crosses and whatever the German parts are, assuming the Germans retrofitted every tank, I will cover them with a tarp or mud.
Craig
Reply to
crw59
the site that I found that mentioned any differences said they were just in the front. no mention of the turret..
so what are the differences?
Craig
Reply to
crw59
Check out
"After the fall of France large numbers of French equipment fell into the hands of the German Army with many pressed into service with different degrees of modifications and the B1 bis was no exception.
"The most basic modifications to the B1 bis was the addition of a modified turret observation hood with top opening hatches and other minor aerial additions and additional armour on the hull front. Some vehicles were simply repainted in German markings and used as they were retaining the French style observation hood and both these options are provided in this kit."
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Probst

Site Timeline