(AIR) Brewster Buffalo In Silver And Red-Surround!?

Hey.

In my never ending search for interesting aviation-related stuff, I came upon a Russian website that collects various avaition and military history books. There, I found the following:

Does anybody have a better quality version of this photo? It appears the plane is in overall aluminum paint with American 1943-pattern red-surround national markings.

I used Bablefish to translate the captions as best I could. It claims that the Buffalo was originally meant to be Lend-Leased to the Aussies but was taken over by the Yanks--Army or Navy, it doesn't say. It also doesn't say where the picture was taken, overseas or Stateside. It also claims to have been stripped down for some non-combat role. I can't see the serial number on the tail well enough to read it.

Any assistance would be helpful. I'm thinking of building it in 1/72nd.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen Bierce

eyeball

Well I found this at:

(mind that wraparound!) that shows a color plate of a Navy Buffalo in silver with yellow wings and tail.

Reply to
The Old Man