(AIR) Brewster Buffalo In Silver And Red-Surround!?

Hey.
In my never ending search for interesting aviation-related stuff, I came
upon a Russian website that collects various avaition and military history
books. There, I found the following:

Does anybody have a better quality version of this photo? It appears the
plane is in overall aluminum paint with American 1943-pattern red-surround
national markings.
I used Bablefish to translate the captions as best I could. It claims that
the Buffalo was originally meant to be Lend-Leased to the Aussies but was
taken over by the Yanks--Army or Navy, it doesn't say. It also doesn't say
where the picture was taken, overseas or Stateside. It also claims to have
been stripped down for some non-combat role. I can't see the serial number
on the tail well enough to read it.
Any assistance would be helpful. I'm thinking of building it in 1/72nd.
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922
{Sig Quotes Removed on Request}
Reply to
Stephen Bierce
I don't have my copy of the "in action" book handy but it looks like a stateside tra> Hey.
Reply to
eyeball
Well I found this at:
(mind that wraparound!) that shows a color plate of a Navy Buffalo in silver with yellow wings and tail.
Reply to
The Old Man