Reading wafers

I am trying to learn wafer reading for autos.
Is there a rule for diferent manufacturers that will allow me to know if the
1st. wafer is top or bottom (odd or even) of door keyway?
Thank you, William
Reply to
William S. Gilman
The first wafer is the one in front. The actual wafer placement varies with the make of car and year. other problems you may find are sticky wafers and annoying dust shutters. A good scope helps.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf
Stop!!!
You are asking highly sensitive Locksmith trade information that only licensed locksmiths have the legal right to know.
Would you ask Doug Henning how he makes elephants disappear? He wouldn't tell you anyway so why do you expect us locksmiths to give away our trade secrets?
How do we know that you aren't a car thief?
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 140,000 groups Unlimited download
to open account
Reply to
Joey
On or about Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:41:33 -0400, an entity identified as Joey snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com proudly proclaimed:
Don't they just use a big rock?
Reply to
Frosty
Yea they do.
That's the most hysterical part about the FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) that the Locksmith trade propagates.
They will cry up and down about the big box stores not offering commercial grade 2 locksets but at the same time they will gladly install said lockset in the front door of a home. A front door that has huge glass panels running on each side of the door.
Gee....ya think the crook might be smart enough to break the window? Nahhh.. That's too easy.
The crook is going to see my *Schlong* grade 2 lockset and run.
Same thing with cars.
The locksmith will glady install a Medeco "high Security" ignition lock in the steering column of most cars. They forget that the shroud is made of plastic or cheap metal and the crook will simply bash the left side of the steering column and press down on the actuator rod.
Locksmithing, except for safe/commercial work is for the most part a dead trade inhabited by low lifes whose primary tool is a "rotary pick".
The people making the real money in locksmithing are those selling the tools, books and courses.
Reply to
Corky Magillicuddy
The only guideline I know is to read your trade magazines. And also to study the pages of your code books. A practiced eye can get a LOT of information out of the pages of code books. I was at a seminar one time where the fellow had a couple pages on overhead transparencies. He pointed out a lot of very important information about the codes he was using for demo.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Yeah, sounds like one I attended once on impressioning..
here, look, on this vehicle there is never anything but a 1 cut in this position.. never more than 2 alike in a row, and the tip cuts were always a 3 or 4.. stuff like that..
--Shiva--
Reply to
me
lol.. NAA.. was a seminar put on by Bill Reed and company.. who is the guy that impressions? it was him, we learned a LOT in that class..
--Shiva--
Reply to
me
thought of it.. HANK SPICER.. dangerous man with a file.. could impression a 6 cut sidebar on a Chevy easily..
--Shiva--
Reply to
me
In many areas a locksmith does NOT need a licence , and 'legal right' implys some sort of government policy (act of parliment) again this may the case in limited areas (if any)
Reply to
Malcolm Young

Site Timeline