coil ohm reading

I have an old commercial self propelled mower with a eh18 engine I lost spa rk so I replaced coil with a new one just like the one that came off of mow
er.I had spark but engine would not start but I cannot get the spark back,I have worked on several mowers and have never ran into this problem.I am ju st trying to find out what the ohm reading should be on this coil,no one se ems to know.