If you need some good reading

Really great website.

Ignoramus26563

Beautiful rebuild. That gentleman has much more patience (and skill) than I.

Kevin Gallimore - slinking off downstairs to his SB with some original paint.

Reply to
axolotl

Ditto. I admire the author tremendously.

I will not disassemble my lathe. I know how it will end up.

However, by now I have fixed a few known problems with it, and stripped it off most paint. I still need some parts to do precision tests, once I am done with it I will start painting.

Ignoramus26563

Well that killed my free time this evening. Good read though.

Thanks,

Wes

Wes

Looks like a strong-assed lathe, very muscular. Really nice. I couldn't even *think* of starting a project like that!

Reply to
Existential Angst

Looks very solidly built.

They had similar lathes in Russia, called 16K20.

I believe that a 16x40 inch 16k20 weighs almost three metric tons.

Ignoramus26563

Very nicely done.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch