BTU calculator

Awl--

Looking for a decent A/C btu calculator. Did google, which increasingly seems to be a chaotic hassle. Plus being a pyooter moron don't help.

Found one, I thought on the Mitsubishi site, for mini-splits (MrSlim.com), but now I can't find it again--at least not the same one. The one I found, and lost, actually did room *volume* (not just area), and accounted for the # of people occupying the area, as well as kitchen proximity.

FYI, people (sedentary) are about equivalent to a 60-75 buhb--iow, not the brightest buhbs. Very heavy exertion can bring this up, short term, to 250 W, in trained athaletes (yes, 3 syllables).

Inyway, iny clues?? Or does anyone mebbe know the formula? Some will include a geographical factor, 0.7 for the northeast.

I'd ask on alt.hvac, but that's a g-d effort in futility. But Cliff will proly cross-post it for me. :)

-- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Don't know of a specific calculator for AC loads but you might continue searching with "Manual J" which is the calculation guide book for HVAC loads. A place to lurk for possible answers might be

A spreadsheet for heating loads is on the Pikes Peak Building Department web site

from which you can pull the formulas.

Good luck.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

Was poking around and found this site which might also help.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

Steve,

These are all excellent links. The hvac.talk forum is a welcome relief from those fuckheads at alt.hvac, altho DIYers are sort of frowned upon there as well. But they seemed to be tolerated w/ more graciousness, and at least there are *many* other decent threads to learn from.

The Pikes Peak spreadsheet would be great, but it appears to be only for heating. Comprehensive, tho.

The homeenergy.org place has an excellent article by a PE, a nice glossary, excellent A/C overview for anyone building from scratch/renovation/ground up hvac system, and basically sez: No goddammbody knows how to size A/Cs, not even the trades own Manual J!!!

Go figger.

The site I lost had a really nice calculator..... goddammm......

So I *still* don't have a btu calculator! Altho I think the hvac-talk forum will eventually lead to one.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

You mean this one?

Speechless

I'll be goddammmmmed!!! DATS IT!!!

  1. Bless you.
  2. HTF did you find it?
  3. How come, after *I* found it, and used it for a part of an even>
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Try our one? Works best in Chrome of Firefox

Awl--

Reply to
cityengineeringlimited