Edgecam vs Featurecam

See my LinkedIn group, CADCAM Technology Leaders, for my thoughts.

Reply to
jon_banquer

************ look, it's ok to want the best product, it's ok to rip into these cam packages for high end stuff so power users can be "unhindered". I get it. but.... WHOLLY SKILLSET BATMAN! Are you aware just how low skilled the common cam user is?

It's 2015 and I still cant get a friggen program that touches the part more than the air! And thats on Unigraphics, its like a million dollars a seat. People just plugging in feedrates without taking into account the geometry. Libraries full of cutters that have the wrong corner radius by .001, 1" clearance planes on milling (she goes up, she comes down, cuts for a second, she goes up...etc...)

STOP picking on the software, and start hammering on the losers running it. ANY software, even bobcrap can keep the friggen tool down!

Here we are, going 100 ipm across an electrode and the damn thing has a strait line rapid into the air at the end of each line! Connect that shit, keep the damn tool out of rapid mode!

But here "you" are complaining about shit almost ALL cam users dont even know about, its not on the 9 step list they were given when they were trained. Post processors that are shit! Nobody can edit them. Even after a 2 week class! Still waiting after 3 months on the new post for a simple 3 axis horizontal!

GOOD LORD!

breathe///// lol

So I let go of the wire edm for a while, and I look at the programs made in Esprit.

1 pocket...4 friggen programs!

4 programs!

So I casually (nicely) ask why, and I'm told "thats the only way to do it, it has taper".

ok. whatever you say skippy.

See what I mean, its not the software falling short, its the user base. There was a time cad/cam being technical in itself weeded out all the riff raff. But not anymore, the common machine operator is now being trained to do cam.

we are f***ed.

Nobody cares, Its all status quote now. Raises come from bitching and doing time. keep your head down, dont make any noise...employee of the year.

Make a machine or process rock...nobody will notice. Use software to its fullest potential...nobody will notice.

If a cam program gets used by an intelligent person in the woods, did it make a noise? nope.

Reply to
vinny

As has been said many times here by many people JB doesn't know very much about cad and cam. He seems to think that parroting others,and "pretending" ,makes him knowledgeable. Providing a space for others to bitch doesn't mean you actually know anything.

Reply to
Just Me

Dood...you just said mastercam sux, then said the guy who makes it is a cough"very" active member of your linkcrap group. do you even read your own posts?

I feel like I was just bugs bunnied.

Whatever... Now back to mastercam. You sir are very wrong about mastercam. mastercam is damn near a learning tool, no wait, it is a learning tool. And although its less solid than unigraphics or cimatron, the cost is reflective of that fact.

As far as intuitive...bells and whistles...new gimmics, mastercam wins hands down.

If i had 20 programmers, i prolly wouldnt go mastercam. It changes too fast. it gives too much freedom for people to do their own thing. But for me personally, you can keep your cimatron. your esprit, your unigraphics, high end crapolla. I pick mastercam!!

It's the only software out of the 20 I ran I can play devils advocate with all day long. Iv'e said it before, you cry to us what it wont do, and I'll post how to do it, and I dont even run the shit anymore!

mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam mastercam

Reply to
vinny