Interesting Vices

Made in the USA from Dura-Bar. They are expensive (quality usually is)

Think it's worth it?

jon_banquer

PrecisionmachinisT

Not worth reading. The owner of Practically Worthless Machinist is an idiot who can't be trusted. Don is a small time machine tool dealer whose isn't capable of understanding any kind of issue that requires thinking. There is a reason the Practically Worthless CADCAM forum is dying and my CADCAM Technology Leaders group on LinkedIn is growing like crazy.

=======

This has nothing to do with the owner of practical machinist...it was just easier for me to give you a link than to try and explain that the owner of Orange Vise company is apparently having some sort of legal problem with Glacern, which produces a similar product.

Do you know whether Orange Vise is even still in business ?

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I notice You Tube hasn't been railroaded into removing the video.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks for the heads up...

I've got too much invested in the Chick lineup to be changing over to something else though; my processes mostly involve loading rough bar stock into vises and then finishing up on a flat fixture and so the vises themselves do not need to be particularily accurate since the jaws are cut in place within the machine coordinate system anyways.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT