Electro engraver?

Anyone got one of those old electro engravers that use a transformer box, a metal sheet or alligator clip and a pen like device to use a small arc to etch tooling and stuff?

If its rough..I can probably fix it up.

Swap or trade for Stuff, or small money prefered.

Im on a kick to mark all my tooling...much of which is already engraved/etched with the numberous past owners names or initials

Ive tried the chemical etch/stamp with stencil thingy..but its too big for must stuff.

Or a set of plans for something buildable out of Stuff?

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

I have a set like that also, it has a tungsten pencil and can etch steel. It works, but the pencil sticks to work pieces from tiem to time.

Ignoramus21673

Those are some neat looking plans. Has anyone built an electric pencil? One set of plans mentions that the pencil only works on "soft" metals. I wonder if it works on steel?

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Gunner, I had one, but don't recall where it wound up. It came from McMaster Carr when my brother's father in law had a surplus business with McMaster stuff. However years ago my dad bought a couple of ARO air etchers at an auction. The carbide tip vibrates up and down, just like the electric ones do. But these things WORK really well! We marked all the tools at Lucas Electric with them. That was a really big job, we loved tools, and we had lots and lots of them!

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas