Fanuc 210i graphics PCB - aztec05a.jpg (0/1)

Graphics Board for GEFanuc 210i :

One of our Fanuc controllers appears to have a bad graphics board (per the machine manufacturers diagnosis). While they are encouraging me to replace the board myself, they are reluctant (or unable) to give me the correct Fanuc p/n so I can shop around. They want $3500 to ship me one and indications are I can get one for substantially less.

The part number they gave me isn't a valid Fanuc part number but is very close to one that is. But you can understand I don't want to own very many of these cards, particularly if they are useless for my application. What I want to do is put my eyes on the current board to verify the p/n and rev.

I need to understand where the graphics card is in relation to the m/b so I can get right to it rather than pulling things off until I find it.

Attached is a JPG of the m/b. There are cards stacked on cards under each of the red rectangles labeled 1,2 and 3 but I can't read the p/n's unless I remove the cards. Can anyone shed some light on WHICH group has the graphics board under it?

I'm reasonably comfortable working in the controller cabinet and with PC's in general. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ed API/San Jose, CA mailto: snipped-for-privacy@hotmailSTOP.SPAM.REMOVE.THIS.com

Reply to
Ed

Grab the part number off of the board, or email a good color photo to TENNESEE IND'L ELECTRONICS. (615) 459-2848 They can probably help you, and have almost every Fanuc part in stock. Prices are *usually* less than Fanuc direct (but not always, so you should check both).

Steve.

Reply to
Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp

We are an OEM for Fanuc if you get the p/n or can wait till later in the day I can give you a price and del.

Regards Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Do you have the serial # of the control?

Regards

Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Would you have any idea where I can find the s/n?

The controller will not boot up. Well, it might, but I can't see anything on the display. Nothing in my documentation seems to indicate the s/n either.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

I'm waiting for a call from Fanuc right now so will have the information soon.

Feel free to call anytime we are located in socal, I doubt if you can get a better price than I can give you.

Debco Machinery

714-521-5663 714-334-4261 (cell) Regards

Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

While I haven't yet identified the board, I know where to find the model and s/n for the controller for the 21i series controllers (on the back of the yellow housing inside the controller pedestal, FYI).

I'm not in the office at the moment, but when I get there later this morning I'll look it up and give you a call.

More FYI: here is a link to GEFanuc's website that should help anyone in a similar situation in the future.

I'll be in touch later.

Ed

Reply to
Ed