Haas Minimill, really accurate??

jon_banquer wrote:

I learned my trade 30 years ago butt head Jew! Back than, we didn't even have DRO on machines or a calculator. We grind, hone and lap to make close tolerance parts, never mind the expensive crap you talking about. js

IMO, Iscar makes the very best cut off inserts. & their IC 907 turning insert is great on SS.

Nomen Nescio wrote:

No! I don't, because I spend 6 years in Tool&Dies shop and 20 years in machine shops. Presently work for a optical company, where 5 micron is a semi-finish loose tolerance. Sucker like, you going to preach about accuracy to me!
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 02:10:03 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio

========================Like the bartender says at the cheap ginmill I go to when the shouting starts in the back by the pool tables (as he pick up the baseball bat) "Take it out in the parking lot -- we got people in here thats trying to drink."
Unka George (George McDuffee)
...and at the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased, and the epitaph drear: A Fool lies here, who tried to hustle the East.
Rudyard Kipling The Naulahka, ch. 5, heading (1892).

Positioning and Repeatability Tolerances actually are.

Bullshit, he's batting at 100%
An idiot, and a painfully obvious one at that.
--
SVL

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

Looks like, you talking about yourself, retard! You ignorance is obvious!
JS

Ya....sure...looks like it...
Now just ask yourself...who was it here recently sold his tool box on ebay ???
BTW, I hear Dominoe's Pizza is hiring...
--
SVL

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

What toolbox you talking about? Are you getting a brain disease? JS

ebay
http://tinyurl.com/ggz92
So what in the fuck do you think ?
--
SVL

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

Uh! Just for your brain disease, I had 2 toolboxes. Since I don't collect them like you, one had to go. JS
I'd say that acheiving .0002 on this mill would be a wee bit of a stretch, but why don't you contact your local haas outlet, and let them demonstrate for you?

i would not be surprised if accuracy, positioning and repeatability was 0.0002" with no load.
but would it be the same in real life, when a piece is being machined?
tools

Protagonist wrote:

For you, no. You always seem to be trying to cobb some cheap shit together and expecting world class results without grasping the fundamentals of precision engineering. You will note from the specifications that all that is specified is single axis distance repeatability. There are six degrees of freedom in any axis and they have specified only one. Nowhere are horizontal or vertical straightnesses specified, or spindle error or any of a number of other factors required for a machine to hold 2 tenths volumetrically. Get a copy of ASME B5.54, study it and when you understand it come back and ask again.
--
jeff, who is able to hold part form accuracy to about 3-4 micro inches.