I desperatly need need help

Some of you guts have seen me post answers to anyone I could help with machine problems ...now I desperatly need your help ... not with a machine but with my future.

Does anyone know if the old Hanson-Van Winkle or M&T plating equipment was ever mentioned as having asbestos ?

I was exposed to airborne asbestos, filed a complaint and now the company is saying I planted it.

Odd that they are replacing all the other old units and trashing the evidence.

Thanks Tom

Reply to
cncfixxer

Sue them get big bucks, well your lie'er will get the bucks.

Reply to
yoto

How long from first exposure? Do you smoke?

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Don't smoke and the asbestos was no big deal but the way the boss walked away when I asked him to have it ( suspected asbestos) checked . Then got Pissed after HR made him get it checked. That started a 7 month campaign of suspensions harassment and then fired. This after 4 years of a spotless employment record. Then the icing on the cake was their accusing me of planting the asbestos

Reply to
cncfixxer

Simmons/Cooper firm in East Alton, Il. will have answers for you.

Reply to
<redd103

So it tested positive and you need proof that it was there as a normal part of the equipments manufacture.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

I'm positive it was manufactured with asbestos. The company has 3 or more units still in service with the same piece of equipment but is busting balls to get them replaced and out of the plant. Once out ... I can never prove my case

Reply to
cncfixxer

You may try this company:

I've never dealt with them, but their webpage advertises that they specialize in "asbestos literature and product research" in the way of old advertisments and product literature. Hanson-Van Winkle-Munning appears in the list of companies they have info about (but not necessarily asbestos info). Might be worth a shot.

hth, StaticsJason

Reply to
StaticsJason

Well, you need some good legal advice. I'm curious if a complaint to what ever your state has OSHA or department of environmental quality / EPA would get as a response.

We had a guy that shoots at our club that tested high for lead and we had MIOSHA trying to investigate a sportsman's club with no paid members. That was a suprise. The guy shoots a lot and casts his own bullets. The test was made by his private physician but all positive lead level tests over a certain level are forwarded to the State of Michigan. So much for medical privacy.

That is another story but the point is that certain items really get the government interested.

Just out of curiosity, are you having health problems due to this or are your problems more along the lines of being run off and screwed out of your accumulated benefit package you have worked long and hard for?

Exposure to asbestoes isn't something that causes instant harm and to some degree has been overblown. I am speaking from the perspective of someone that worked for a firm that was driven into bankrupcy from wordprocessor lawsuits from greedy lawyers riding the current payday at the time. If you are having medical issues, I would keep an open mind about other causes.

I hope you are able to get a proper resolution.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch