I need help with a Mazak Laser

This message is on the very edge of O.T. so if you are not into Mazak Lasers don't bother reading any further.

Background: I bought an excellent condition 1999 1000 watt Mazak NTX-Junior laser from a local company which was down sizing. It has an NL32 control. I bought it for resale and the plan was to get it operating in my shop so we could demonstrate it to potential buyers. I had a local expert lined up to help me when I bought it but I've been several months working through "minor" issues (moving, power, air, dust collection, etc.). Now I have lost my expert.

Situation/problem: Currently everything is working fine except the shutter will not open because it will not accept the assist gas pressure command (on the laser status screen) thus I can not make light. I get no error messages so it most likely is something dumb that I am doing (or not doing).

What I would like: I would love to identify someone with first hand recent experience with this specific machine to consult with on this and future problems/issues. Someone located in Western Washington would be super but hopefully we could work via E-mail/phone so location is not a requirement. Free help would be great :-) but I expect to pay for the expertise that I need.

P.S. calling Mazak support is not currently an option - they want $5,000 up front for a service agreement before they will talk to me.

-- Steve (aka griz - Builder of Garaj Mahal) To EMail reply delete a letter from each side of @

Reply to
Steve