Is Fadal Going to be at Westec This Year?

I've seen indications that it is, and indications that it isn't. So which are true?

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

They're not listed on the current Westec roster. I'm surprised since IMTS is not this year. I think many of the major tool vendors won't be there either. I did drive by Fadal on the way to the gym... it looks pretty dark in the windows. I think they've just about moved out.
-- Bill
Bill wrote:

Bill:
    Yeah, I didn't see them listed as exhibitors. BUT - look at the following Mag Fadal 2009 show schedule:
http://www.mag-ias.com/index.php?id=tradeshows
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Mazak isn't going either. I also heard Selway isn't displaying?
Pretty much all the distributors I've ever talked to, typically voice their disdain for Westec.
Vegas here we come!
Joe788 wrote:

Joe:
    Disdain? Why is that? Cost of booth space?

    They would have a lot fewer visitors, BUT - many of the visitors they DO get would probably be more serious about buying than the thousands of looky-loos that go to Westec.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Yep, cost of booth space, quality of visitors, dealing with downtown LA, the usual stuff.

Westec has been dieing a slow death for quite a while. With Vegas doing the AMMO(sp?) expo in the fall....I expect the dieing process will speed up
On Mar 17, 5:02 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yep. I was told that 2010 will be the final year for Westec in LA. Maybe this year's dismal turnout will make it happen a year sooner?
Joe788 wrote:

Joe:
    I love those dismal turnouts, since there aren't people stacked 5 deep milling around each booth. LOL
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Me too! I'm hoping the move to Vegas will bring the same result the distributors are looking for : Less quantity, more quality.
That's the whole reason the machine manufacturers don't even have machine literature at their booths. It just gets sucked up by people carrying tote bags, grabbing anything and everything "free". It then gets used as kindling.

Ya mean like free pizza? Sorry.....couldn't help myself.
Barn

And better Booth Bimbo's..
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:10:59 -0400, "Proctologically Violated"

One year at WESTEC I hear Jon did go as the punching CAD/CAM-clown.
http://www.superdairyboy.com/Toys/Bop_Bags/Bozo_The_Clown.html
Tom

Methinks we have a new upcoming portrait in the jb gallery of pyooter art?
Mebbe you could have Franco Follini or Meyette or someone punching the jb clown -- while holding mastercam, of course.
--

Mr. PV'd

Why not Bob Simmons, who actually did?
JC

Got a photo??
But, in all his fairness, if Simmons already got his shot, shouldn't he get on the *back* of the line?
Is there a bop-bag type ditty that you can kick in the ass instead of punching in the face??
Or jb as an inflatable doll, you know, the one's with the wide open mouths? Could stick old versions of MC, in jb's open mouth....
--

Mr. PV'd

I gotta hear the rest of that story....
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:17:36 -0400, "Proctologically Violated"
http://tinyurl.com/degbx4