Making a Gerber Saber router take G-Code

The title of this post could also be called "how to turn a mostly useless piece of crap in to something that can do work"

I recently started working for a small fabrication shop. The guy's got a Gerber Saber router, and the only software they've got for it is the proprietary crap that gerber shipped, geared towards sign shops and meatheads that shouldn't own CNC equipment. I don't know if anybody's seen it before, but it's horrible - ArtPath, EnRoute, Composer - the worst kind of circa 1994 shareware-esque looking, hardware locked garbage you've ever seen. I want to get this thing to operate on G-Code! Short of de-braining the controller and running it off a LPT port, what are my options? It's incredibly frustrating, especially when the machine ruins a $700 piece of material.

Thanks!!

Andy Baker

Reply to
Andrew Baker

"Andrew Baker" wrote in news:NeYYd.90369$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

crossposted to RCM more guys there are familiar with this type of set-up and retrofit.

Reply to
Anthony

Reply to
PAUL