Mazak MicroCenter followup...RIP

We sold that Mazak MircoCenter to a gentleman in Canada. I just got an email from him...it appears the trucking company dropped it off the
truck.
I dont know if it was in transit, or standing still, or what...Ill be following up on it. But 10,000 lbs of barely used CNC came off a flatbed to earth..one assumes pavement or concrete at 32fpsps.
It should make for interesting pictures.
I hope no one was hurt.
Rip Mazak
Gunner
"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."
"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion). -Buddy Jordan 2001

Not a good story.
Hopefully some insurance was involved for the shipment. I'm sure Tom Gardner (hope I got the name right from memory -- thinking about the primo bridgeport accident) can relate a bit.

In another life...I did some work at a printing plant, had a truck driver leave the top 1/3 of a new $850,000 slitting machine laying on the interstate in GA, along with the top of the crate. He never even stopped. It was doing some serious raining the last 250 miles to the plant. Serious damage to the machine. The state troopers showed up just after he did. They were very interested in why he didn't follow his pre-planned DOT approved route with an oversized load. He left with them, but not by his choice.
--
Anthony

At I shop I worked at years back we hired some riggers to unload a large Matsura CNC mill. Somehow they darned near lost it off the side of the semi trailer. I remember the trailer setting there very slowly leaning more and more to the one side. Next door there was a gent with a large payloader doing some earth work. One of the riggers ran over to him and hollered that they needed him to run the loader over to stabilize the load. The loader operator said something to the effect that it was not his problem! The very large and mean looking rigger told him to get that damn loader over there ASAP because it was going to become his problem very soon, because if he did not get moving now he was going to get his ass kicked, and then they would take his loader! The guy ran the loader over and stabilized the load until they could get a crane over to pick up the mill. After it was all said and done, the rigger and the loader operator were getting along just fine and loader operator got paid well for his time too! Greg

Heh. IMTS move-in starts the week after next. It'll be my 11th. I've yet to see one without some sort of rigging disaster.
Then there are the spectacular crashes, electrical mishaps, and severe woundings. Not to mention the occasional fist fight.
--

Dan

Scopulus est usquequaque nefas

Hey Dan,
How are you connected with IMTS2006? I'm registered, but headed off to a steam show north of Boston next week, so I don't know if I'll be able to do both.
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

We are exhibitors. Booth A-8701.
If you go to IMTS stop by and say hello.