Medical Drill grinding

I have some drills that we've blanked, heat treated and straightend. Diameters from .039" X .157" long to .095" X 2.5" long. Need CNC ground, but the grinder needs a steadyrest to do smaller drills. I've sent out for quotes, but am not getting very fast responses back. Quantities from 50-200 each, 6 lots, material 17-4PH & 440A.

Anyone know a shop capable of this? We've entertained buying a CNC grinder but don't have enough to come close to justifying the purchase.

Reply to
otis

I could, as could likely at least a dozen other regulars here.

Sounds suspiciously like someone made a bad quote and now is wanting to pass it off to some other shop....

Reply to
Over a barrel

I appreciate your help. You're a veritable fount of useful information. Do you ever respond positively? Your life must really suck.

Reply to
otis

I'd ping or email Kirk Gordon who posts on here. He used to make drill grinding machines so I would think he would have some sources.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

snipped-for-privacy@rf-precision.com wrote in news:5fbd9f15-5411-4db1-b042-42557933cb56 @j8g2000yql.googlegroups.com: