Mr. PV makes a discovery...

Awl--

That I'm a broke-assed PITA wannabee machinist?? Dat's OLD news!!

Didja know....

That parameters can be passed to the E-word?? (in fadal language... proly costs extra in Haas language!) Yes, indeedy!

I find this helpful (I think) in macros for, say, repetitive slotting. Because, I personally like to make the center of a slot x0y0, and make the move +/- on either side of zero.

With this +/- move in the macro loop, then what you need to do is increment the E-words by 1 with the macro counter, and then have the absolute positions of each E listed in the offset table. Which is kinda nice, because now you can readily compare your machine-listing of coordinates w/ your drawing/notes!

Otherwise, the macro gets considerably more complicated, is more difficult to debug, AND very difficult to change a position of any given slot, as no slot position is given explicitly. Unless you are just drilling holes. Then the macro remains simple, because there are no incrementally increasing x positions AND x moves--just the x position itself.

Of course, you need not use macros at all, and simply make each slot explicit w/ its own move, either absolutely, incrementally (I spose), or w/ explicit E words. Which is sort of a pain for many slots--longer program.

O'course, I just verified the parameter stuff, and haven't actually done the macro yet. Boy, won't there be egg on my face if the fukn macro don't work!!!

Anyway, I just thought it was neat that parameters could be passed to E-words. Go, Fadal! Charge'em up the ass, Haas!

---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

yourname

FWIW, Fanuc has a similar capability, if anyone gives a hoot!

Reply to
paul

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

What ya need is a good Siemens controller :P Macro and parameter programming is EASY. Even without Cad/Cam.

Reply to
Anthony