translating DETAIL, SECTION, SCALE

Hi...

Is there a way to translate default ProE words like those from the subject line (used in drawing files)? Also, Can I define default font for only those parameters (but don't want to change dimensions font)?

Thank you...

Reply to
Tomislav Cabraja

Is there a way to translate default ProE words like those from the subject line (used in drawing files)? Also, Can I define default font for only those parameters (but don't want to change dimensions font)?

Thank you...

Getting from one language to another is, arguably, the MOST difficult challenge in Pro/e. Translation is non-existent. It's like PTC existed in the 70s when no one communicated outside of their national language. At least not in software. You could get the program in your language but then, the world, the universe dropped away. You and your little group of native language speaker were IT, the be all and end all of the known universe, as far as PTC was concerned because it was concerned only with your ability to communicate your needs to them and to understand/sign the bill for services rendered. They most definitely couldn't give a f*ck if the Czechs could communicate with the Russians or if the Russians could communicate with the Poles or if the Poles could communicate with the English, ad infinitum. As long as PTC was getting its cut, alls right with the world. I tend to think that, unless someone else has proved a market and its utility/vitality to PTC, they'll just play dead and wait for a fly to get stuck in their web, being the supreme, opportunist predators that they are. Thus, they are spared inventing anything. And, when they're flush with cash, they'll just buy creation of others. So much for our intellectual property laws! In 'intellectual property', parasites abound.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

[...]

My newsgroup server was dead so I wasn't able to reply earlier. David, I understand your point but that isn't anything we don't see 100 times a day. I am from Croatia, a small country that is not in a position to make rules. But we are used to it. And I am not dissapointed either. Unfair situations produce great poets, sportsmen, scientists... World would be very boring if everything was like a swiss watch.

I was just wandering if anybody knew where those few words are written so I can translate them myself....

Tomislav Cabraja

Reply to
Tomislav Cabraja

[...]

Select the text and do "Properties". If this gets you the literal text, then edit it to the desired. It it is a &note_x parameter, look for 'Edit value' which should give you the actual values that can be edited with your translation.

What I'm curious about is why a national language installation doesn't accomplish all of this, including menu translation AND, at least, system parameters translation. User defined parameters don't translate, they're absolute, literal string values. You could set some German language parameter to equal some Italian language parameter in a relation, but Pro/e is not translating, knows nothing of languages with regard to parameters and is simply manipuating literal strings.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

[...]

You didn't understand want I wanted to say. I know how to edit notes... I am interested in those "absolute, literal string values". Where are they so I can edit them there? The fact that those words (Section, Scale, Detail) are just strings is good for me...

Reply to
Tomislav Cabraja

[...]

Those literal string values are deeply embedded in the program; no option is provided for editing them. OTOH, I had always assumed that a national language installation was done to accomplish precisely that ~ "translating" menu text, table headings, view note constants, number and alphabetic fonts, etc. ~ automatically. If you've installed the Czeckoslovakian version and this isn't happening, PTC should be contacted.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

[...]

Just a little note. Czeckoslovakia doesn't exist for about 20 years. Now you have Slovakia and Check republik. And another thing is....Croatia has nothing to do with any of those. Croatian version of ProE doesn't exist yet and Czeckoslovakian is really a different language. Something like italian and french. We understand each other if we speak slowly. Fingers, hands, legs and a bit of english helps too.

This is somethnig I shouldn't write but creating illegal license should be harder then changing a few key words inside ProE. And people do have those.... I guess that the group of people reading this news group is just to small for every question to be (at least partialy) answerd...

Thanx for your time anyway..

Reply to
Tomislav Cabraja