My Computer Crashed & Burned

Thanks Tony. I did read that, nothing came to mind as far as a contribution from me. It did not go unnoticed.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Half-nutz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I thought maybe the secondary content (automation programming) may be of interest to you at some point in the future.

Reply to
Anthony

I put in a fresh power supply in all my machines once a year, before they die. Power supplies are cheap and getting a hotter version for the same low cost is just gravy.

Such, as your experience, is why I build my computers vs buying an off the shelf model. Off the shelf machines are ok for students maybe, but for a work level machine you can do much better building your own.

The small things, like never installing Vista at any point.

off the shelf computing is lame.

Reply to
Michael

BD, A computer's age is 7x, just like dog years.

Reply to
Michael

Michael:

Well, you wouldn't drive a 5,000 HP Double A fueler to the 7-11 just to get a half-gallon of milk, would you?

For E-mail & newsgrouping, a cheap off the shelf computer works just fine. I don't do any serious CAD/CAM work on my home computer.

Reply to
BottleBob

I would !!!

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

leaving the 7-11 in style scores huge points!

Reply to
Michael

BB, I have never done just email and newsgroups, forgive me.

Reply to
Michael

Michael wrote in news:vRYFj.496$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Off the shelf units are junk, imho. The absolute cheapest crap they can get to actually run long enough for you to get it home.

Reply to
Anthony

If you ever decide to run Gibbs V9 at home it will need 4 gigs of RAM according to Gibbs VAR "Gibbs God".

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Hehe...

Funny how sometimes even the simple 2 word response results in such entertainment value no ?

( Eat your heart out Kirk anyone mentioned "soup kitchens" lately )

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski