My Computer Crashed & Burned

Just for reference, you can probably get a card that will allow a new computer to access and older hard drive.

is/was
had
that
and
operating
going
an
Yep, $22.99
mich wrote:

I've got such a card in the carcass of my old server. ::BD grabs a phillips head screw driver:: A Maxtor ATA133 IDE PCI drive controller with two channels (up to four devices). I'll give it away to anyone in the USA. I'll even throw in an Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra Wide PCI SCSI adapter and a few assorted 10/100 megabit PCI NICS.
Just speak up and we'll find a non public way to exchange shipping info.
--
Black Dragon http://improve-usenet.org

Q: What's buried in Grant's tomb?
BottleBob wrote:

I put in a fresh power supply in all my machines once a year, before they die. Power supplies are cheap and getting a hotter version for the same low cost is just gravy.
Such, as your experience, is why I build my computers vs buying an off the shelf model. Off the shelf machines are ok for students maybe, but for a work level machine you can do much better building your own.
The small things, like never installing Vista at any point.
off the shelf computing is lame.
--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming
Michael wrote:

Michael:
    Well, you wouldn't drive a 5,000 HP Double A fueler to the 7-11 just to get a half-gallon of milk, would you?
    For E-mail & newsgrouping, a cheap off the shelf computer works just fine. I don't do any serious CAD/CAM work on my home computer.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I would !!!

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

leaving the 7-11 in style scores huge points!

--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming

Hehe...
Funny how sometimes even the simple 2 word response results in such entertainment value no ?
( Eat your heart out Kirk anyone mentioned "soup kitchens" lately )

BottleBob wrote:

BB, I have never done just email and newsgroups, forgive me.
--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming

If you ever decide to run Gibbs V9 at home it will need 4 gigs of RAM according to Gibbs VAR "Gibbs God".
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Off the shelf units are junk, imho. The absolute cheapest crap they can get to actually run long enough for you to get it home.
--
Anthony