Need some more beginners advice on a cnc lathe, coolant

When changing tools do you stop the coolant (M9)? Manual says nothing, all programs in the machine when I got it leave it on and
only have a M9 at the end.
On the few progams I've run so far I've left it on, when the turret unlocks to turn, the coolant stops, I guess this is built in? I need to look at the prints and see If I see a valve in there somewhere.
If I weree to shut it off I think I would need something like a G4X2 to allow coolant to start back up before I could start cutting again or the first part of the cut would be dry. At 1140 IPM the turret gets to the workpeice pretty quick. ( i've been running at 50% so far to be safe for at least the first few parts)
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Typical to just turn it on at the beginning, off at the end.
--
Anthony

On our Daewoo Puma, leaving the coolant on during a tool change works. It sprays coolant from the rubber connector that runs coolant from the X-axis casting to the turret.
After tool change: M3 on the Z move, M8 on the X move (in that order). The timing works on our machine. Your machine sounds a lot faster so a dwell may be necessary.
Finished with the tool: M9 on the X retract, M5 (if need to stop the spindle for live tool or whatever) on the Z move
I would assume leaving the coolant on during a change could fire crap into the turret's internal workings, though this would depend entirely on the design of the machine.
Sometimes I manually override the coolant-off command during a toolchange to knock out chips lodged under the rubber connector.
Regards,
Robin