Omniturn Gang Tool Lathe Tooling

I am looking for some gang tooling for my converted shop built gang
tool lathe. I thought I found all I needed through omniturn, but it
turns out that they dont want to sell tooling to non omniturn owners.
Wish my business could afford to turn away orders over $1000!
Can someone point me to a supplier of gang tooling for 1/2" center
height machines?
Thansk
Bill
bill_griffin @ magtek.com
bill @ grifftek.com
Reply to
billg
snipped-for-privacy@grifftek.com (billg) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:
If they have a published catalog and price list, I don't believe it's legal for them to refuse to sell to you. I can't remember all of the details but some years ago we needed a sprcific tooling item. The sole US vendor refused to sell it to us as they had an arrangement with one of our competitors. A quick phone call from our lawyer cleared up the issue.
Or you could try this link:
There was another company that used to make the tool holders for CMS but I can't remember their name. Maybe Gunner will chime in here, he'll probably know who it is that I'm thinking of.
Dan
Reply to
Dan Murphy
snipped-for-privacy@grifftek.com (billg) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:
VDI?....Might try Trudex
Reply to
Anthony
owners.
Heres some
tim
Snip>
Dan
Thats exactly what I wanted. I tried to access their catalog from work but my acrobat reader is not working on the owrk pc, just hangs up.
I had also contacted Ameritech, they were more than happy to talk wiht me and send me a catalog.
I have not done much cnc lathe machining so I was looking for some freindly advise which I very graciously received from omniturn but then they turned sour for some reason. Guess I wont belooking at their machines when I outgrow this machine.
Thanks for the response
Bill Griffin

grifftek
I have tried contacting the seller, but never a response.
Bill
Reply to
grifftek
HEY BILL - LONG TIME NO SEE!
Are you still working with Ahha or did you find another gig?
For the rest of the group's benefit, Bill is one of those truly great people to work with. He helped me a bunch when I first tried CNC.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Karl
I still fool with the ahha stuff and I still have my full time job with magtek.
Thanks for the kind words!
Are you still using the ahha or did you graduate? we have 2 machines (table top light machines mill and TBI chucker lathe w/ gang tool retrofit)with ahha controls and 2 (yci knee mill and atrump machining center ) with centroid controls. I also have an ahha wells index mill, ahha table top lathe and a Atrump machining center with a centroid control in my little shop.
If you want to see what Ive been machining you can check out:
there are some other projects that might be fun to check out at:
Nice to hear from you again!
Bill Griffin
Reply to
grifftek
Bill....call me tommorow
805-732-5308
Im sure we can get you tooling
Gunner, Independant OmniTurn field service tech
Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious. michael
Reply to
Gunner
"grifftek" wrote in news:1111630180.282249.218430 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
I looked at your site. Some nice work there. Most of your turning looks like it will fit in a small Swiss. If you ever have to make that stuff in higher volume let me know. I'b be more than happy to talk to you about a Tsugami.
Reply to
D Murphy
go to
Click on Gang tooling. Better tooling than Omni
Reply to
5150
We had a Wasino gangster? gang turning cnc at a company I used to work for. Good machine but only 1 cnc lathe in the shop. (company is now out of business)
Wasino's URL is

F. George McDuffee
Bill,
You can get everything you need from Hardinge. I played around on their site for quite a while before I found what I was looking for. Couldn't even search for the part numbers of the toolholders I currently use.=20
So your best bet, to avoid a lot of playing around, is to go to:

In the upper left hand corner, select "Products", which will take you here:
Select "Tooling and Attachments", which will take you here:
Then select document 1318 "Tooling, Attachments and Accessories for Hardinge CHNC Lathes", which will take you here: :
I use mostly Hardinge toolholders in my Upgrade Technologies GT-27 gang lathe. The drill holders on pages 12 & 13 work great, and so do the extension toolholders at the top of page 6. I know a guy here locally who uses a lot of the stuff you'll find in the top row of the holders shown on page 4.
Good luck.
Matt
Reply to
Matt Stawicki
Take a look at

they make a whole range of tooling for 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4" center height gang lathes
I have used it for over 4 years, it works and its cheaper than Hardinge and made in America
Reply to
ringguy
"ringguy" wrote in news:1111686549.421911.291190 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
That's the company I was thinking of earlier, thanks. I had lost their contact info. I've used their tooling and there's nothing to complain about.
Reply to
D Murphy