OneCNC "Falls Flat On It's Face" / What It's Like To Deal With OneCNC

Posted today to the CADCAM forum of Practically Worthless Machinist by "Seymour Dumore":
"OneCNC will produce functional code, but that has never been the
question. The issue is that once you get into production areas, you want full control over how you want to cut a particular part, and on that front OneCNC falls flat on it's face with utter disregard to your needs or wants. Sadly, any comments regarding that fact is met with opposition, workaround, silence or downright put-down responses. Simply put, if OneCNC does not do it, you don't need it so don't ask for it and shut up.
Anyway, I've spent $2500 to learn the lesson of knowing what you want up front, demand it or walk away before it's too late. Learned it well for life so it isn't all lost."
On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:52:39 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

"I don't give a shit because "OneCNC looks good." - Jon Banquer - Aug 31 2003
"My advice would be to get your feet wet with a bargain basement CAD/CAM system such as OneCNC." - Jon Banquer - May 7, 2005
"OneCNC has a good product" - Jon Banquer - May 11 2005
"Companies like OneCNC have proven you can be a successful company without really targeting Auto and Aero." - Jon Banquer - July 30, 2006

dood....clarify this for me, you spent 2500 bucks on software that you found to be inadequate? Or your quoting someone elses 2500$ experience?
I hope 2500$ isn't the cost, because if it is...sounds like a bargain just like bobcam.
I worked somewhere once where they had shopcam, made in tampa florida(local). I checked on the amount of employees and it said....1. The stuff was 2500$. What a deal that was...well, as long as you could write code in visual basic because it came with no post processor, let alone help files. I called to bitch and the friggen guys 10 year old kid answered the phone....I hung up.
pro-e 17,995$ solidworks 3,995$
Guess which one is better?
Now value is a different story, value has to take into consideration how hard it is to learn, customer support, amount of skilled workers available, stability of the company, etc... Solidworks is the better value, but pro e is better period.
2500$? That is literally the cost of a custom post processor for mastercam?
If it costed 2500 bucks I say thats a freakish value, engraving software costs more than that.

If you know the right people you can get Featurecam for around $3,500 for basic mill.
Jon Banquer San Diego,CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
vinny wrote:
> dood....clarify this for me, you spent 2500 bucks on software that you found > to be inadequate? > Or your quoting someone elses 2500$ experience?
Vinny. It's ALWAYS someone else's experience with Jonny Bonkers.
Wayne.....