Questions That An Official OneCNC Crapware Shill Won't Answer

Posted to Practically Worthless Machinist by "Seymour Dumore" who purchased OneCNC crapware only to have to go right out and purchase FeatureCAM to get the job done. He's not the only one who got screwed when he purchased OneCNC crapware. "Edster" did as well and also had to purchase FeatureCAM to get the job done.

"Since I'm a generation behind with my XR2, here are a couple of questions regarding XR3:

1: Since it is the roughing pass, can you use cutter comp, as in machine cutter comp?

2: Can you tell the tool to never lift off the part until each Z-level is finished?

3: Can you tell the tool to plunge in Z at only X3. Y-5. and nowhere else?

4: Can you tell the tool to finish each location to full depth before moving onto the next location?

5: Since it has filleted bottom corners, can you use a sharp roughing tool using .01 side and .005 bottom allowance without violating the fillet? I mean that by using 2.5D toolpath instead of a SMT?

6: Can you use a 1" rougher instead of the 1/2" without modifying the model's inside radii that may be less than R.5" ?

7: Can you analize the finished toolpath and change feedrates automatically where possible to maintain the 60% spindle load? Say at engagements of only 10%? Perhaps even increase to 500%? Can you slow down in inside corners that are only 110-120% of actual tool dia?

8: Can you change the toolpath start point to any SPECIFIC location you SPECIFY EXPLICITLY? Say the upper right corner maybe? Note that is not equivalent to plunge location!

9: Can you turn this into a program of 9 parts using 9 workoffsets but still have only one place to modify the operation?

10: Can you flip this part and then use the leftover material from the

1st op as stock for the back side machining? That is Original stock - 1st operation = Stock to machine in 2nd operation.

11: What do you need to do to add a clamphole in the middle of the part and then avoid the bolt that goes through it? I can also say add a clamp at any other arbitary location and then avoid that one.

12: Assuming the wall is tapered, can you use a tapered tool knowing only it's actual taper angle to properly cut and simulate the part? Do so at multiple rough and finish depths!!!

Please note: No 3D toolpaths are allowed as it would likely prohibitively increases cycletime and the lack of tool comp makes the program un-adjustable for size without re-posting.

Since Featurecam does this (and more) out of the box, these are honest questions to determine if I should have waited 15 months for the release of XR3."

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

You are the reason that alt.machines.cnc sucks ass. Spam your shit on your blog. Seriously, no-one gives a f*ck about your opinions. Grab a knife & cut your wrists. The world won't miss you.

koos aho'tha ha'tzo'la'at

Reply to
zymrgy

[...]

Maybe you should answer the questions for him, Jon?

"I don't give a shit becaus"OneCNC looks good." - Jon Banquer -

"then moved on to developing OneCNC he has delivered on creating a good CADCAM system." -Jon Banquer-

"Companies like OneCNC have proven you can be a successful company without really targeting Auto and Aero." - Jon Banquer -

"OneCNC has a good product that will get even better under Bob Francis direction. This newsgroup could use more factual info presented in an honest manner in regards to OneCNC. " - Jon Banquer -

"My advice would be to get your feet wet with a bargain basement CAD/CAM system such as OneCNC." - Jon Banquer -

Reply to
Joe788

"I don't give a shit because OneCNC looks good." - Jon Banquer - Aug

31 2003

"OneCNC he has delivered on creating a good CADCAM system." - Jon Banquer - Aug 23, 2003

"My advice would be to get your feet wet with a bargain basement CAD/CAM system such as OneCNC." - Jon Banquer - May 7, 2005

"OneCNC has a good product" - Jon Banquer - May 11 2005

"Companies like OneCNC have proven you can be a successful company without really targeting Auto and Aero." - Jon Banquer - July 30,

2006
Reply to
brewertr

One cnc does sound shitty, but has anybody checked out featurecam? Its junk. I'd rather stick with mastercam 9.1.

Reply to
vinny

Sure have "checked out" Featurecam. Over the years Featurecam has become an excellent product. Does it still need a ton of work... yes it does. See my comments in the Delcam Featurecam forum.

Is Featurecam a far better choice than OneCNC... no doubt about it.

Is Featurecam a far better choice than Mastercam... depends what kind of work you're doing. In some cases Featurecam can do things Mastercam can't do right now.

Jon Banquer San Diego,CA

larryrozer

What Polly really means is that Featurecam can do thing he can't do right now in Mastercam. Other people don't have this problem.

gk

Reply to
gk

[...]

I totally disagree. His posts cause people to post like a banshee. Besides, this is usenet, censorship will not be tolerated. You obviously never heard of the muzzle bot. I suggest a quick google groups search for muzzle bot before trying to snuff out poeples opinions.

Reply to
vinny

You mean it can do things that *you* haven't learned how to do yet? Remember Jon, you're barely a beginner in the use of both of these software packages.

Reply to
Joe788

[...]

Did he buy OneCNC on your recomendation?

"I don't give a shit becaus"OneCNC looks good." - Jon Banquer - Aug

[...]

Jon, missed your answer to this direct on topic question.

Did he waste that money following your recommendations to buy OneCNC?

[...]

Did he buy it following your recommendations that OneCNC is a good program and he should buy it?

[...]

Did he lose that money taking your advise to buy it?

Reply to
brewertr