Question about adding a pulse wheel to a Siemens 810 lathe control .

I want to add a pulse wheel to a Siemens 810 (A1 I think) on my emco

342 turning center. I have seen these machine control combination with wheels but I don't have a schematic or pin out documentation for this control. Does anyone here have documentation for this control or know these controls enough to be able to help me?

Thanks-

Reply to
Gouge

Hi

Is this a 810D or an older version of the Sinumerik?

Anyhow. You will find documentation about this following this link:

If you need more assistance, send me a message :-)

Staale

snipped-for-privacy@att.net skrev:

Reply to
Staale

I believe it is a Sinumerik 810 A1. The machine was made around 1988.

Reply to
Gouge

Is it possible for you to send a picture of the controller? Actually both the panel and the controller itself?

Staale

Reply to
Staale

Sure it`s not a GA1?If it is it`s not so simple to fit a handwheel.I asked Siemens about this and their answer, which I can`t remember exactly now was that it would be quite expensive and that the ladder would need modified amongst other things.It must have been more than $2000 or I would probably have had it done. regards,Mark.

Reply to
mark

I'll try to post pics of the front and back of the control tonight when i get home.

thanks.

Reply to
Gouge

I put a pic of the machine here: