Renishaw vs. Marposs

Any thoughts on which one to get? Is any one of these better than the other? Why?

Application is new Haas VF-3SS

Thanks,

-Martin

Lipstick on a pig in either case.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

Not sure exactly what your application is (tool offset vs noncontact tool breakage detection, etc) but we're running Renishaw TS-27R tool probes on our Haas Minimills and TM-1 and the OTS wireless getup on our VM3SS and Super VF-4.

Reply to
Woodworker88

The package offered by Haas is called "WIPS". I believe this includes the probe and table-mounted tool-setter. Right now we have the Marposs on order. The Renishaw is a little more expensive. It'd be nice to know if there's a good reason behind this so I can change the order if it makes sense.

Thanks,

-Martin