See ya Saturday..maybe!

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:34:03 -0500, Jeff Mc wrote:

The Republican version of "Rain Man."
--
Regards, Curly
Jeff Mc wrote:

He does know machining, mechanics and firearms, and was a valuable core member of the NG.
Something happened around 2003 when he began concentrating on politics and became very defensive of the Bush regime. This obsession worsened with each year as the evidence of non-conservative bush practices increased. He just couldn't reconcile his beliefs with reality.
This syndrome is beginning to set in with some posters now as Obama's actions deviate from expectations.

Rigid ...partisan.....
Coming from a drone programmed by the DNC..thats quite an indictment.....snicker
Gunner
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:17:13 -0500, Nicholas

Someone suggested that I might know something. I have no idea what's going on. I e-mailed him about a week ago and got no response. I suspect he is either very, very sick or dead. Those of you who don't like him, who ridicule him, who can't let a post of his go by without responding will miss him the most. You know you will. What will Cliff do? He will no longer have an excuse to cross post all of his crap. And Curly? And Deucalion (or whatever the hell his "name" is)? And wmbjk (again, whatever the hell it is)? To name just a few. Without Gunner you all might actually have time to get a life. Or post something interesting and original. IIRC there was someone by the name of Matt who was able to make a report before when there was an absence. Sue

I have quite a happy life already. Gunner is just a small project.
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:20:25 -0700, Sue wrote:

No, I won't miss gunner other than to regret his drain on the very public services that he ranted against.

Why not ask Cliff?

Having a life and disliking gunner are not mutually exclusive.
Have you ever considered that someone so widely disliked as Gunner, such a wide cross section of society, may actually be a reprehensible person? Now we will have the time to discuss issues objectively without interruptions by gunners empty threats of violence and bile.

--
Regards, Curly
Curly Surmudgeon wrote:

All this needling and meddling reflects badly on detractors.
Your "wide cross section of society" is based simply on words read on a computer. You constructed a mental characterization and allowed it to influence your life. He is who he is and this none of us can know.

They are haters and they run in packs. Individually, none of them can stand on their own.
Gunner does, and they hate him for that, too.
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 07:29:54 -0700 (PDT), "HH&C"

I offered gunner a chance to stand on his own. He declined. You can make gunner out to be some kind of a really good guy, but some of us know better.
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 07:29:54 -0700 (PDT), "HH&C"

Maybe we need to have a contest to see who was ridiculing gummer the earliest. I think I started perhaps 8 years ago, and I don't remember Curly or Deucalion being around then. What do I get if I win? :-)

No, gummer is propped up by taxpayers who've spent hundreds of thousands to keep him alive, and it's likely he'll leech much more before the worms recycle him. He has rewarded those taxpayers by thumbing his nose at them for the last couple of decades when they asked for a couple hundred per year in property taxes. Do you need the links again?

I doubt that anybody "hates" him, although some of the people he's threatened surely have good reason, as do some of his creditors no doubt.
Wayne

Larry used to disappear for periods longer than that. I remember checking the obits and was always happy when I couldn't find his name. :)
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 02:27:50 -0500, "Basil Karlo"

Gunner waves at the crowd..."the reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated".......
Off to bed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Welcome back.
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 02:27:50 -0500, "Basil Karlo"

In retrospect my post sounded like Nixon's speech about the press not having him to kick around anymore. :o) I used to worry, too, when Lawrence would disappear. Sue

That's OK Sue. Now that you have posted your hand wringing, I'm sure he will reappear and now claim to be rich. Oh...look...he already has.
Sue wrote:

Taking up for your friends, or people you've known, or whatever, isn't a character flaw.

Sure, but irrational denial is. Bringing up the subject when it had mostly been dropped, as an excuse to take her own cheap shots which were ill-considered and predictably easy to refute anyway, did nothing to help her friend. There's a slim chance that he'd actually done what's best for him - stay off Usenet. Sue's post speculating that he must be sick or dead may have prodded him to return to the last place he should be right now. Not to mention that gummer had claimed to be in great health lately, and Sue unwittingly revealed that she never believed him. With friends like that...
Wayne

No, but it could be an indication that she needs to use more discretion regarding who she chooses as friends.
Deucalion wrote:

Somehow, I don't think Sue sees herself as needing our guidance on that.

I don't think that she does either, but that doesn't negate the need.